Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Hope

Hope

By Gustav Guenther

Hope
Night time hanging
In a closet like a shovel in a shed.
I felt edgy but still could 
hardly Wait to be used.

Hope
I'm still in the closet.
Unsure like a bear in a cave
Questioning.  Will life be
better?

Hope
Still unsure
Like that bear in that cave
Life might be better.
An unknown Adventure.
The doors open and light floods in.
I was grabbed and helped,
to make my adventure
to Paris.

Click the the link to see a video to give you a better idea of the poem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9cq2utk2JU




`

9 comments:

  1. Dear Gustav,

    I think the object that is grabbed is the bag you took from Houston with all your things when you moved to Paris.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Gustav,
    I think this is about taking something from Houston and taking it to Paris.
    Tommy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Gustav,
    I think it's about how you brought everything froom Housten to Paris. I think this peom was very intersecting! Well done!
    Kaitlyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. dear Gustav
    i think it is talking about moving from Houston to Paris
    it was awesome

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Gustav,
    I thought your poem was great, one thing that bugged me is that you used the same simile twice. It's a excellent simile, but not so great when you use it twice. Overall, very good.
    Sincerely, Cole

    ReplyDelete
  6. dear Gustav,
    This poem is really touching and I felt like you when i moved to paris. This poem is very beautyful. Good job!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. dear Gustav
    I love your poem and i really like your repeat phrase
    from louis

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Gustav,
    I think your poem is amazing because it is so true.
    I think the bag is you. Am I correct?
    I really liked your last sentence where you say
    "I was grabbed and helped,
    to make my adventure
    to Paris."
    I think you need to add your repeat phrase one more time in the last paragraph.
    Amazing poem.
    Best Regards, Alon Haas

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Gustav, Such a clear poem - Hope is always there and help is always there. Kindly Dorrit (Conrad's mother)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.