Thursday, May 15, 2014

Welcome

Welcome budding poets! I've enjoyed listening to you spin metaphors and similes, let's share your first poem with the class! Please post your poem and ensure that you comment on everyone's poem in the class. I look forward to reading your creative work! Mrs Hoegen

1 comment:

  1. Dear budding poets,
    So far so good! I am amazed with the drafts!!! I will try my best to visit your poems frequently as you revise and review your work. I must say that I am amazed at the beautiful poems published so far. You are only 5th graders yet your life experiences, emotions and stories about how you feel shine through. That's what good writers do. Writers try to use words to express themselves. I think I will open this blog up to include parents and other teachers to showcase what you are all capable of. We will have a vote on Monday to see if you think this is a good idea. It is a pleasure to teach such creative students. Please remember not to leave just one word comments. Please leave a compliment and then comment on a favorite part by saying,"I like your metaphor for the bag." You could comment on how the poem made you feel. After reading the poem try to grow some ideas. Give the author a connection and say, "This makes me feel......... See you Monday and lets get sharing. Mrs Hoegen

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.